The Michigan Human Trafficking Task Force is made up of over 90 member agencies consisting of Federal, State, and local law enforcement service providers, NGO's, prosecution, and community members.
Statement of Purpose
- To increase collaboration and response between law enforcement and social service agencies relating to the issues of human trafficking, in order to create an ongoing victim support and recovery protocol;
- To coordinate and implement an ongoing training model for law enforcement nad social service agency providers;
- To build awareness in Michigan communities on issues directly or indirectly relating to human trafficking;
- To create and maintain an ongoing information-sharing network and protocol for various stakeholders; and
- To collect, evaluate, and disseminate legal mechanisms to combat human trafficking.
The event is organized by Stonehouse Nursery, hosted by The Lemon Creek
Winery to benefit the Michigan Human Trafficking Task Force.
Last year Planting Hope was able to raise over $7,000 for the Task Force. Funds were immediated put to use to train Michigan police officers and victim service providers to identify and work with victims of trafficking. The Task Force is doing a great job at spreading awareness and engaging in prevention efforts, but much more work is yet to be done. That is why Planting Hope is hoping to raise even more funds for them this year so that they can continue in heir efforts.